Arts & Crafts Vendor Agreement & Application
Windward Ho'olaule'a 2017
October 7, 2017
Welcome to the 17th Annual Windward Ho'olaule'a, a fun-filled, family friendly cultural event providing scholarships to deserving Windward Community College students!
We are grateful for your participation! Please fill out this application completely, then go back to the Booths page and submit your payment via PayPal. If you don't wish to pay by PayPal, you can mail a check to:
Kaneohe Business Group
P.O. Box 927
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Event Date and Location:
Saturday, October 7, 2017
Windward Community College Great Lawn
45-720 Kea‘ahala Rd.
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Name of Brand (if different from Company name)
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
1. You acknowledge that this is not a joint venture or partnership between you and the Windward Ho'olaule'a Arts & Crafts Committee (thereinafter referred to as the "Committee") or any other organizer or promoter of the event.
2. You are granted the privilege of selling merchandise within a 10-ft by 10-ft assigned covered area (tent and lighting are provided) and you must conduct business from within the enclosure of your assigned area. It is your responsibility to ensure that your booth is set up with the safety of others in mind. Children age 10 and under are not allowed in the booth area for liability reasons.
I understand and agree
3. On a first-to-sign-up basis, vendors will be chosen by the type of product(s) sold. This is to limit duplication. Your merchandise will be screened by the Windward Ho'olaule'a Arts & Crafts Committee. You will be sent a confirmation letter once you are accepted.
4. You will only sell merchandise described in your application and approved by the Committee. You will not sell food or beverages without prior approval. Approval to sell food may be given to vendors whose main products are speciality items such as Made-in-Hawai'i jams and jellies, breads, dip mixes, etc., but vendors may not sell any food, including snacks, sandwiches, salads, etc., to supplement their arts & crafts sales.
5. Prior to the opening of business and during the specified event times, you agree, at your cost and expense, to comply with all federal, state, and city laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations affecting your business and the operation of your vending area, including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, obtaining a Hawai'i State General Excise Tax License.
6. This is an alcohol-free event.
7. Booth Set-up: You may deliver and set up backdrops, tables, etc., beginning on Friday, October 6, 2017 starting from 5:00 pm*, or on Saturday, October 7 after 7:30 am. You may carry or cart your booth items to your booth. You will provide your own equipment, tables, and supplies. You are responsible for items set up overnight. The Committee, the University of Hawai'i, Windward Community College and the Kaneohe Business Group are not liable for any lost, stolen or damaged items. *It is expected, but not guaranteed, that the tents will be assembled by 6:00 pm on Friday, October 6, 2017.
Please no not nail, staple, tape or tack anything to any woodwork, concrete walls or other school property.
8. Ample parking will be available in designated areas. Due to safety regulations, vehicles are not allowed on the Ho'olaule'a grounds. Parking will be allowed in the loading zones for limited time only. You agree to comply with the directions of event Committee and Security personnel.
9. You must be ready to sell by 9:45 a.m. on Saturday, October 7, 2017. The event will open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m. You will set up, maintain, and operate your booth in a strictly safe condition at all times.
10. Booth Tear-down: You have the choice to stay until 8:00 p.m. or you may begin taking your booth down at 6:00 p.m. (NOT EARLIER). You may carry or cart your booth items to your vehicle after 6 p.m. Due to safety regulations, vehicles are not allowed on the Ho'olaule'a grounds. You are responsible for the cleanup of your area, including all litter.
11. ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Refunds will not be issued for any reason, including inclement weather. The Ho'olaule'a will proceed regardless of weather conditions.
I understand and agree
12. You release the Committee and all other organizers or promoters of the event, the Windward Ho'olaule'a, the University of Hawai'i, Windward Community College, the Kaneohe Business Group, the State of Hawai'i, and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees or any person acting on their behalf (the "Releasees") from any and all liability and claims that may arise from any injuries, damages or losses suffered or incurred by you or to your property in connection with this event.
You defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against all actions for personal injury, property damage or death arising or resulting from or in connection with the operation of your concession, including any claims by your employees. You agree to reimburse the Releasees for all attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with the defense of any such claims and actions. Further, you agree that this release and indemnification is binding on your successors, heirs, personal representatives, and assigns.
13. Failure to comply with the above rules is considered a breach of this contract and will result in the termination of this contract and your removal from the event premises.
I understand and agree
I have read, fully understand, and accept the foregoing Agreement. I accept full financial responsibility for any damages done by me, my associates, or others within my booth area. I will comply with this Agreement and be professional and respectful to all participants and customers at the event.
My General Excise Tax License Number is:
Description of Products
Number of booths requested. $140.00 per booth (10x10 ft. assigned, covered area with lights). Priority for booth assignment will be based on a first-to-sign-up basis.)
I want electrical plug in my booth and understand it's an additional $25.00 charge.
I wish to donate product to the Silent Auction to benefit Windward Community College students. If you check yes, someone will contact you for details.
Special Requests (we'll do our best to accommodate on a first-come, first-served basis, that is, in order of complete applications and payments received.)
Comments or questions...
Do Not Fill This Out